Friday, May 30, 2008

From Tiger to Wolf cub


Tonight, Garrett promoted from Tiger cub to Wolf Cub. It was a wonderful evening out at the lake with the Geese floating by and the sun setting. Dad and Garrett were both proud of their accomplishments together. Scouts has been a fun family activity. I'm so thankful that Dad and Garrett and Ryan have been enjoying time together with Scouts and sports. I'm so thankful and the boys are so blessed by the love Kenton shows them by the investment of his time with them. In addition to the 15 required activities, Garrett completed 40 electives and earned his baseball belt loop. Garrett is excited to add bike riding, swimming, tennis and golf this summer. Garrett when I see you here I can't believe you were only 2 1/2 yrs when we moved here. My how you've grown and my how proud we are of you. We truly enjoy you and are blessed by you more and more each day.
I took Ryan and Aaron to your school the other day to surprise you for lunch. You were so excited to see us there. We picniced together and you quickly ate your lunch with us but then disappeared. I assumed you were putting your lunch away and would come back. At first I kind of thought, "we went through all this effort and rushing around to have lunch with you, you should be here visiting with us" But as I saw you running around with your friends and hunting for bugs and going from group to group, I realized that this was my dream and deepest desire for you, to have friends and be joyful and comfortable with yourself. I want you to run and play and just be a happy kid.
Garrett, on those days that I'm just a little too hard on you or forget to stop and really listen, please know that I love you and am so proud of the young man you are and your gentle, passionate heart.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Cute post. Garrett is growing up:). I tagged you for a blog game, check out my blog.