Thursday, July 9, 2009

and don't eat the birdseed

I had to share this post from someone else because I can soooooo relate. I was laughing out loud! I've probably said all these things and so many more. I cannot tell you how many times I've had to tell my boys to turn their Shirts around. I thought it was just my silly boys. We even have little phrases about their shorts like "Square pockets, in the back" and constantly "Tag in the back" for shirts and shorts. No one ever tells you that you have to repeatedly 'teach' these things to little men. Anyways, read and enjoy, I did.

...And Don't Eat the Birdseed

Written by Brenda Catherine Ottinger

Real Moms Real Jesus Contest. Learn more...

Happens at your house too, I bet. You know those words that spill out of your mouth; words that you never thought you'd say.
I'm learning this boy-life as I go, and I can't say that I understand yet ,what exactly makes them tick. The one thing that I have learned for sure is that – I have a lot yet to learn.

The things that come out of my mouth these days surprise, even, me. Especially me.

Don't lick your toes.
Don't pee on your brother.
Don't eat the cat's food.
Where are your underpants?
Don't chase the ice cream truck.
What is this and why is it on my table?
Don't step on your brother's head.
Do you have a death wish?
Yes, that is a beautiful rock, sweetie.
Spaghetti for breakfast?
What would possess you to drink vinegar?!

No, there's never a dull moment in my home. Being the only female in a house full of men makes for one very eventful life. One crazy, chaotic, beautiful, blessed life.
I suppose you know you're a parent when your day starts with: "Good morning, son....did you know that your shirt is on backward?"

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Those are funny! I am literally laughing out loud..